Saturday, March 29, 2014

Posted Posted by Unknown in Comments No comments

So Cut the Rope 2 is finally out on Android but man oh man is it filled to the brim with in app purchases! I sure hope Zeptolab releases a paid version because this freemium model could be the death of a very creative and entertaining game. Every few rounds you have to sit through ads & more ads! Now ads in mobile games are nothing new however the latest trend is to have full on video ads for different products between gameplay. It’s sad really and I almost uninstalled the game because of how annoying these ads are! Now I’m not against in app purchasing, not at all but when publishers try to nickel and dime me out of my hard earned cash it annoys me. I will gladly pay for DLC such as additional stages, characters etc. but locking away key gameplay elements behind a pay gate is just cruel.

Cut the Rope is a great game and, it’s been one of my favourite mobile games since the very first version hit Android and I have all the subsequent mini sequels. I just hope that this freemium model doesn't ruin the wonderful series.






0 comments:

Post a Comment